DEFINED BENEFIT PLAN FIDUCIARY SERVICES
ONGOING PLAN CONSULTING SERVICES
- Provide non-discretionary 3(21)(a)(ii) investment advice.
- Assist in the development of an investment policy statement (IPS), or a replacement IPS.
- Assist in monitoring investments, prepare investment reports, monitor conformance to the IPS and assist Company making recommendations to maintain or remove and replace investments.
- Meet with Company to discuss reports and assist with investment recommendations.
- Analyze and interpret reports from the Plan’s service providers and provide performance reporting.
- Assist with review and due diligence of manager/fund selections including Stable Value.
- Meetings with custodian and/or record-keeper on matters pertaining to the Plans investments.
- Participate in quarterly Committee meetings (or as often as the Committee deems necessary).
- Participate in additional sub-committee meetings as requested with members and outside advisors.
- Provide supplemental analytical support as requested.
DEFINED BENEFIT PLAN NON-FIDUCIARY SERVICES
Monitoring and Supporting Governance:
- Provide support to help you monitor vendor adherence to services per proposal and related fee schedules.
- Provide support to help you with oversight and enforcement of “At Risk Fees.”
- Help coordinate vendor implementation of new service enhancement, and deliverables.
- Track Plan programs, campaigns and support to help you course corrections as needed.
- Provide overall Plan project leadership.
- Support alignment of project, business strategies and other initiatives.
- Help coordinate the overall direction and progress of the Plan programs.
- Organize and expedite the flow of information while providing tactical guidance and support to all program/project team members.
- Support the project work plan, timelines, resource plans, issues, risks and finances.
- Support Plan governance activities (e.g. steering committee meetings, status updates, etc..).
- Facilitate the escalation and identification of risks and any integration issues to Company.
- Support the Plan, the Committee and Institution in a fiduciary compliance assessment as follows:
- Seek to identify for the Committee, all known fees and expenses, both direct and indirect being assessed with respect the Plan’s investment options or otherwise charged to or paid by the Plan.
- Support the Plan and Committee in developing prudent decision making and documentation processes.
- Assist in determining whether the Plan’s current provider arrangement is reasonable with respect to the price and quality of the services.
- Provide guidance for Committee covering “best practices,” fiduciary duties, etc...
Plan Administration / Vendor Management :
- Participation/coordination of preparatory calls/meetings relating to service upgrades
- Plan document review, comparison and preparation support.
- Communication/educational material & Program: Design ~ Implementation ~ Monitoring ~ Course correction support.
- All facets of plan enhancement implementation support.
Participant Communication and Education:
- Assist the Committee in developing specialized communications for specific employee groups.
- Assist in developing a retirement planning program for specific employee groups.